Tuesday, December 23, 2014

It's a major award!!!

Today I got a card from Mayor Dad and the City Commissioners for ten years of "loyal service", which came with $50.00.  Not too shabby!  Four of us got cards this year.  Another guy for ten years, one for five and the old guy has been here for thirty five years.  Thirty five!  He's worked here for as long as I've been alive.  I can't imagine that kind of longevity.  It's impressive.  So that's my major award.  ("It's a major award!!", of course, coming from A Christmas Story)

My mom retires on the 31st, after a forty year nursing career.  Today she sent me a snapchat with "4" written on today's date on her calendar. (the number of work days she has left.)  So I figured it up.  If I work until I'm sixty (same age as my mom) I will have approximately 6,240 work days until I retire.  I shouldn'ta did the math.  It's depressing. 

Every year for Christmas, the Catholic Church in town brings us about a dozen bottles of wine.  This year they brought a bottle of this:
 
 
Alcohol free wine.  I'm not much of a drinker.  I just don't like it, nothing against it.  This stuff wasn't too bad.  It tasted about like half wine and half grape juice.  It isn't nearly as stout as regular wine, but it still had a little "winey" taste to it.  Not half bad. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment