Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas, around our parts.  Very small, just my parents, brother and I.  I had to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas day and that harshed my buzz, but we still had fun.  We had our gift exchange on Christmas Eve, after I got off of work.  Biscuits and gravy were on the menu, and I'm going to try my hardest to make that a tradition because they're delicious. 

Fat and Frank needed new beds, because I only have one bed and they fight over it.  One bed is not enough for two cats, come to find out.  Grandma and Grandpa were kind enough to get them both their own bed, from Petco.   These beds were $40 and Mom said they had the same beds at out local farm supply store for about five bucks.  But my boys do not nap in beds bought from a farm supply store.  No sir.  Noooohohoho sir.  They do not.

I was so excited to get their beds put up.  It was the first thing I did when I got home.  I put them in the window, where the old bed was.  I sprinkled a little catnip in them, so they'd be attracted to them.  As soon as I turned around, Fatty was already climbing into his bed.  I was so excited, because I thought it might be awhile before they'd use them.  They don't like change.  So I go out to my car to get the rest of my presents, come back in, and find Fatty whizzing all over that bed.  He soaked it.  There was so much pee that it dribbled all over the floor when I carried it to the sink.  I rinsed it out as best I could and threw it in the washer.  Within three minutes of being home, my day had taken a serious nosedive.

Why did he do that?  Did he confuse his bed with his litter box?  Those beds are pretty big, I guess, but I still don't know why he peed in it.  He has never done anything like that.  Never.  In the eleven and a half years that I've had him, I've never been mad at him.  I've been aggravated a handful of times.  You can't live with someone that long and never get on each other's nerves.  Last night, I was mad at him.  He peed all over his special Petco bed. 

Luckily, it all came out.  There is no pee smell, that I can detect anyway, so I think it'll be all right.  This morning he finally realized that they are not litter boxes.  He was all curled up in one, but not the one he peed in.  He was sleeping in Frankie's nice, clean bed.  I think Fatty should have to sleep in the pee soaked one.  Serves him right.

I bought the boys a catnip toy each, which were kind of pricey, and watched Frankie bat a coke bottle cap all over the floor, instead of playing with his new toy.  Oh, well.  He had fun.  Aside from the bed incident, we had a good Christmas.  My parents and brother are healthy and happy. My boys are doing well.  What more could I ask for? 




 

1 comment:

  1. Are you asking me to comment of what else you could ask for? Because I have a list.

    ReplyDelete