Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wonderings

#1 You know that sound effect in movies, like a dog is being beaten or a cat getting run over by a car?  Where do they get those sound effects?  Did someone actually beat a dog to get it?  Did someone actually run over a cat?  I've always wondered....

#2 How's come when I put my coffee in the microwave, the microwave stops with the mug handle pointing to the back of the microwave?  Then I have to blindly reach in and feel around for the handle, which usually results in sticking my hand in the hot coffee.  Every.....time.

#3 How's come, when I knock something out of the cabinet, it's always that one thing that makes the biggest mess.  Like an open box of baking soda.  And not only does it fall out, it has to cartwheel all the way to the floor, resulting in an even bigger mess.  Just ONCE I want to knock something over and just pick it up.  Just once.

#4 How's come, every time I break the copier at work, I'm always copying something not even remotely related to work?

#5 You know how the water is always cold when you turn on a faucet?  Every time I wash my hands or face the water is cold at first.  So I give it a little tap to the left.  Still cold.  Tiny tap.  Still cold.  More tiny taps. Still cold.  Tiny tap.  Burns the hell out of my hand.  Why doesn't it gradually get warmer?   It goes from freezing to scalding with just a tiny tap. 

2 comments:

  1. I cracked up at #4 & 5!! You never fail to make me smile:) Now you have me wondering too about #1....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.....Honestly, I have never thought about #1....now I am stressing out about it!!!! Thanks...Mary Margaret!!! lol!!!!
    Aleta

    ReplyDelete