Monday, November 24, 2014

Nutcrackers

I love nutcrackers.  I look forward to putting out my special nutcracker table every year at Christimastime.  My dad loves them just as much as me.  Must be where I got it:) I have big ones and small ones.  I'm really proud of my European nutcrackers.  There is an Irish fella holding a four leaf clover, a Scottish one with bagpipes and a little Scottish Terrier and a King of England nutcracker with a crown and scepter.  But my absolute favorite is a giant four foot high nutcracker I found a few years ago.  It didn't matter how much it cost, I needed it.  Needed it, I did I did.  So I bought it and took it home.  I put him right next to my Christmas tree and it was perfect.  I loved that nutcracker.  One day, mid Christmas season, I come home from work and my giant nutcracker was gone.  I was frantic.  I called my mom and told her I couldn't find him and she said "Oh.  That.  Your dad took it."

He had been over at my house, saw my awesome nutcracker and took it. He stole it.  He stole it.  He stole my perfect 4' nutcracker.  Just walked out with it.  Now every time I visit my mom and dad during the holidays, I have to sit and look at my nutcracker, proudly standing by the fireplace.  Dad has no remorse, no feelings of guilt.  He saw it.  He wanted it.  He took it.   MY perfect nutcracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment