Thursday, November 13, 2014

The boys

It's time I introduced my boys, Fatty and Frankie.  Fatty is, without question, the love of my life. He's my best friend, without whom, I would not be here.  He's eleven years old now, twelve in May.  I got him out of a barn when he was about six weeks old.  He's my boy.  Not much of a looker, really, but I would die for him.  Fatty Boombalatty is diabetic and he gets his insulin shots every day.  He's such a trouper.  About a year ago he was so sick I was sure I was going to lose him.  He had lost his fur, skeletally thin.  I actually bought a memorial picture frame for him.  That's how sure I was that he was going to die.  He pulled through and now the picture frame is in my closet.   Big Fat is well over twenty pounds.  He's a monster.  Ironically, he's not actually fat.  He is just a huge tomcat.  Huge.  Every time I read about some kid's update, the author always documents likes and dislikes.  So I figure Fat and Frank deserve the same.
 
Fatty's likes:
Fancy Feast.  Boy loves his Fancy Feast
Chasing squirrels around the yard, from inside the house
Getting his head scratched
His bed in the big bay window
 
Fatty's dislikes:
Frankie:(


 
 
Frankie.  He's my little guy.  He's seven months old now and seems SO SMALL compared to Fatty.  I "appropriated" Frankie (stole is such an ugly word) from the neighbor's across the street.  They pretty much abandoned him so I took him in.  He is the sweetest little cat with the loudest purr.  We're still learning each other but, so far, he's proven to be a wonderful addition to our little family. 
 
Frankie's likes:
Fatty
Fatty's bed in the big bay window
Chasing Fatty around the house
Belly rubs
Fancy Feast ( I don't know what they put in that stuff)
 
Frankie's dislikes:
Nothing.  He's cool with everything:)





These are my boys.  I'm so grateful to have them both.  Fatty isn't quite as psyched about it, but I'm sure they'll be friends one day.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment