Friday, November 7, 2014

Poop!

I frequently hike at our local park.  If you follow the lake, it's very hilly (for Illinois).  It's shady, lots of wildlife.  I really enjoy it.  But in the fall, the leaf cover masks the goose poop.  And there is a LOT of poop.  Like, an embarrassing amount of poop.   In the spring and summer it's not such a big deal because you can walk around it.  Or at least try to.  But with leaves on the ground, you've just got to go for it.  Walk all over poop and make your peace with it.  No way around it. 
Goose poop is there.  I just don't know where.
 
Adding to the goose poop are the little creeks.  They're little bitty creeks.  A giant step can usually clear them.  But they are also full of leaves.  So I step on the leaves, assuming that there will be solid ground underneath.  I have sometimes assumed incorrectly.  And that is a broken leg waiting to happen.
It's not all solid underneath.  Beware!
                                                  
It was cold today.  Not super cold, but in the 30's.  Cold enough to run everyone out of the park.  There is a certain level of satisfaction I get when I'm out hiking or walking and there is no one else to be seen.  They've all been chased indoors by the weather but I'm still plugging along.  It's not fun, and I am cold, but it needs to be done.  And I feel so good when it's over.  

Alllllll alone:(
So between dodging the goose poop land mines, potential broken legs and frigid temperature, I think it is way too hazardous for me to hike in the park.  I think, for my own safety and wellbeing, I should just stay home, make some cocoa and pet my cats.  Amirite???

Man alive, they poop a lot!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment