Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Kittens

Mom and I were at the park the other day, when we noticed a kitten curled up in a pile of leaves.  A little orange and white kitten, just lying out in the open.  I wanted to make sure he was okay, so I walked over to him and he just jumped up and started purring and rubbing against my legs.  He was tame, which meant he'd most likely been dumped there.  He was filthy and way too thin.  It was evident that he'd been there for some time.  Poor feller.

Mom said we'd call our local shelter when we got home to see of someone could pick him up.  I already have one cat too many so there's no way I could keep him. So I cried all the way home, worrying about the little kitty. 

We got ahold of a lady who said if we could pick him up, she'd meet us at the shelter.  So I got my carrier and a blanket.  He was starving so I grabbed some dry food and microwaved some canned food (don't judge) and water.  We went back out to the park and he was right where we left him.  Just curled in a little ball on some leaves.  I put him in the carrier and little fella started chowing down.  He was so hungry it made me hurt. 

Well, right as we were leaving, I happened to look up and, out of the fencerow, came his brother.  Shit.  The deal was for one cat, not two, but there was no way I was leaving the second one.  In the carrier he went.

I got them dropped off at the shelter and the lady said they appeared to be healthy, for the most part.  Just thin and dirty.  Nothing some food and a bath couldn't fix. 

They're sweet little kittens and I hope they find a nice family.  They're going to be good cats.

I LOVE CATS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment