Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 1

Today started in Asheville, NC. Pretty country round them parts. We took a tour of Biltmore Estate, which has over 178,000 square feet. Now, I know I'm not that good at math, but those are the correct numbers. Four acres of living space under the roof. It's huge. Photography isn't allowed inside (they want you to buy the $20 book) so I don't have any pictures. Normally I'd just take some anyway, but there were tour guides everywhere and they looked like they'd cut you open if you even tried. They have manicured grounds and a huge greenhouse. Both are Impressive.  FYI, the three mile drive to the house is the best part. It's probably the prettiest drive I've ever seen.

The house itself is almost obscene, really. It is so over the top. Just one big "up yours" by the Vanderbilt's. A way for them show how much money they have. It is pretty, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment