Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Alaska

My parents' fortieth anniversary is in January.  To celebrate, they decided to take an Alaskan cruise.  It won't be until May because, unsurprisingly, there aren't any cruises to Alaska in the dead of winter as it would be a bit nippy.  I was super jealous and asked if I could go.  "No.  It's not your anniversary."  "Don't they have a family pass or something."  "No."  "Well, what if you die before May?  Can I have your ticket?"  "No."  Well, I guess I stuck out the bottom lip and gave them the puppy dog eyes enough that they decided to check into how much a ticket for me would cost.  Parents are so ridiculous. 

They stopped by the travel agency and asked.  The travel agent called the cruise line and asked and, miracle of all miracles, during the month of August they were running a special and the third passenger sails free.  For FREE.  (Technically $250 because of taxes.  Always have to pay the taxes.)

Next May, I am going to Alaska!!!  I never never in a million years ever thought that I'd get to see Alaska.  We don't have a fancy room.  I think ours is actually down in the bilge next to the boiler room but, whatever, I'm on an Alaskan cruise.


We're sailing on Norwegian Cruise Line and we'll be on the Norwegian Pearl.  I am so excited I might poop.

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be so beautiful to see. Hope you see lots of whales and polar bears. I'm being nice since you weren't too concerned to ask if I could go too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, YOUR room is by the boiler. We have a suite on the 9th floor with a walk out balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be amazing!!!!! A trip of a lifetime.....but then again, you are going to Great Britain, too! Wow!!! I am so jealous!! lol!! Love hearing about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my goodness how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous!! I will want to see lots of pictures!!

    ReplyDelete