Friday, May 8, 2015

Happy Birthday, Fatty!!

Today Fatty Cakes turns twelve.  Twelve years old.  Holy smokes. I got him out of a barn when he was five weeks old.  He was the tiniest little feller.  I was a little disappointed at first because I wanted a big fat lap cat.  Well, he started growing and just didn't quit and a big fat lap cat is exactly what I got.  He's been my only friend for a long time.  My constant companion.  He's my bathroom buddy.  Thanks to him, I haven't had to go to the bathroom by myself for twelve years.  Such a thoughtful boy:)  The diabetes is starting to take it's toll.  I can tell my boy is starting to slow down.  He's already outlived the life expectancy for a diabetic cat, but we're still going strong.  He plays and wrestles with Frankie, although usually not by choice.  Frankie is the pants-wearer in our house and he will tell Fatty when it's time to play. 

My boy is starting to show his age, but I'm hopeful we have a lot more time left.  He's happy.  He feels good, so we're going to keep on keeping on. 


Happy Birthday, Fatty!!

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Fatty! You don't look a day over 11.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still don't understand the importance of the exclamation point.

      Delete
    2. I guess she just doesn't care about poor Fatty.

      Delete
    3. Why does everyone hate me? Is it because I'm beautiful because I can't help it.

      Delete
    4. All we know for certain is that she doesn't want Fatty to have a happy birthday.

      Delete
  2. It sure was nice today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

    ReplyDelete