Thursday, May 28, 2015

Baffled

There are some things that just baffle me.  For instance--Mom and I are planning a trip to South Dakota this fall.  There is a hotel in the Black Hills, KBars Lodge, which came highly recommended by friends who had been there.  They said some of the rooms come with a small balcony that faces Mt Rushmore.  Can you imagine walking out onto your balcony and seeing Mt Rushmore???  So I checked into it and found a room with two beds and the all important balcony.  Before I even checked the price I clicked on "photos" to see what the view was like.  NO pictures of Mt Rushmore.  There were pictures of the room (pretty standard), pictures of the bed and TV.  We all know what a hotel room looks like.  I've seen a bed and pillows and TVs.  I've seen lamps and alarm clocks.  I've not seen Mt Rushmore.  Get this---there was a closeup photo of a Keurig coffee maker.  A picture of a Keurig, but no picture of Mt Rushmore.  Why, I ask you?!?  Why???

I'm not going all the way to South Dakota to brew a fresh cup of Colombian Extra Bold.  I don't care about their fluffy pillows.  Neither does anyone else.  We are going to that particular hotel to sit on the balcony and look at Mt Rushmore.  Whoever is in charge of marketing needs fired, tout de suite.

3 comments:

  1. But what if the Keurig coffee maker was different from the one I have in my home or office? Hmmmm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point. Maybe the coffee flavor cups won't fit the new Keurig.

      Delete
  2. They just want to make sure you know you can brew a fresh cup of coffee and then enjoy the view of Mt. Rushmore!!! .... the "all important" two words...."some of the rooms" have a view....Hmmmmm.....you might have to brew your coffee and then ask your neighbor if you can use their balcony to drink it and enjoy the view!!! ?? I would just be in heaven to be there! You will have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete