Monday, March 23, 2015

Misc Monday

First things first--Today is my birthday!  There's nothing quite like getting up several hours before dawn to spend my birthday at work.  I hate being a grown up.   I did get a birthday breakfast today, biscuits and gravy, natch.  I wish every day was my birthday.  Or just that I could have biscuits and gravy every day.  Whichever. 
Close enough...

Our hikes have been brutal lately.  The snow has melted and now the ground is a big sloppy, soupy mess.  The trails are muddy and it's nearly impossible to walk.  The mud sucks at your shoes and we slip all the time.  The last two days have been better.  The ground has dried out a little, just in time for the rain we are supposed to get the next two days.

Our town is building a new elementary school.  It's huge, and I mean huge.  There's no way the little kindergarteners are going to be able to find their way around.  A friend from work, we'll call her "Shawn", because it rhymes with Dawn (hi, Dawn!), and I took a tour of the new school.  It's still under construction, but one of our other work friends was on guard duty that night, so he showed us around.  It's state of the art---sinks with no faucets.  The water comes on when you stick your hand in the sink.  Special water fountains to fill up water bottles.  A vault, a room just to house all the copiers, two gyms, skylights.  It's really nice and all, but, unfortunately, it won't make the kids any smarter.  Nice school, though. 

4 comments:

  1. Funny. I didn't take you to be a Ryan Gosling fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm for any way I can pass myself off as twenty five.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!
    From: Shawn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete