Friday, March 27, 2015

Hike

We are waving the white flag on hikes, for now anyway.  The ground where we hike is completely saturated, I'm assuming because of all the snowfall.  It is so muddy and soupy.  It's so difficult to hike when it's like that.  The mud sucks at my boots, I slide all over the place and I have to wade through the little creeks.  The last time we were there I tore my pants on a sticky bush and I fell down a hill.  I didn't really "fall" so much.  I was walking down a hill and both feet slipped in the mud and I landed right on my bottom.  It's like I just got tired and sat down really really quick.  I'm taking that as a warning, as the next time I slip and fall I might not be so lucky.  So we're waving the white flag, until it dries up a little which might be awhile as we're now in the rainy season. 

The ranger people were there about a week ago and set the whole forest on fire.  I'm not really sure why.  There was a lot of leaf cover, so I'm guessing that was why.  It did clear out a lot of debris but now it looks like crap. 
My torn pants and muddy boots



No comments:

Post a Comment