Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 Can Get Bent

We're seven days into 2015 and, so far, every day has sucked worse than the day before.  I completely blew out my back on the first, which still hurts, and now I'm sick.  I have a "cough due cold" and every cough feels like someone is stabbing me in the back with a knife of fire.  My house is an absolute pigsty and I can't do anything about it.  Every night, when I go to bed, I pray to all things holy that I won't die in my sleep, only because I don't want anyone seeing my house like that.  My house is so bad, and I have pretty low standards, if that tells you anything.  I started a new shift on the first, 5a-1p, and trying to get used to getting up at 4am is difficult when I can't sleep.  I couldn't sleep at all last night, so I just got up around three o'clock and watched the Blues game I'd DVRed.  I could go on and on, but enough bitching.

Last night we had our annual office party, and it was fun.  The food was really good and we all ate way too much.  We played "Two Truths and a Lie" and that was interesting.  Everyone had to write down two true facts about themselves, and one lie, and everyone had to guess which was the lie.  My three---I was suspended in high school, fish tanks make me sad, and I pushed my brother off a porch when we were little and broke his arm.  Guess which one is the lie.

We had our gift exchange.  Everyone brought a $20 gift (ninety percent of them were gift cards because we're all lazy and unimaginative) I just bought a gift card and taped it to the back of a framed 8x10 picture of Fatty.  They make fun of me because I like cats, but I yam what I yam, and Fatty is our unofficial mascot.   I really thought the guy who got my gift was going to bust it over my head before he realized there was a gift card taped to the back.  He thought the photo of Fatty was the gift. I think a picture of Fatty should be sufficient, gift wise, but I realize not everyone loves him like I do.  But they should.  Cause he's awesome.  I got a Red Lobster gift card and the girl I'm going to the Blues game with also got a Red Lobster gift card, so Red Lobster it is.  I do like those biscuits.

Every day, when I get out of the shower, Frankie is lying on the bathroom rug.  Every....time.  I have to step over him, dripping water on him, but he will not move. Yesterday he wasn't on the rug and I couldn't find him.  It was the first time, since I've had him, that he wasn't on the rug.  I finally found him in the dirty clothes hamper.  Just relaxing, like it was the best place in the whole wide world. 

So that is all I know, as of Jan 7th at 0706.

1 comment:

  1. 2015 is just being a little challenging for you, M.M. It'll be the best year of your life.

    ReplyDelete