Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Haps

It's been so busy at work.  The last week or so has been unreal.  We're just finishing an unseasonable heat wave and it's made people go off their collective nuts.  Fights, domestics, kids acting up.  Ugh.  I'm excited, though, because fall is upon us and cooler weather brings cooler tempers and slower days.  Yay for fall!!!

I got a new bracelet.  The little chubby girl is Venus of Willendorf.  She is my all time favorite piece of art.  I had a life sized replica that I had shipped from England, but I think the cleaning lady broke it.  I loved it.  The lady that made it used the same techniques that they would have used 25,000 years ago, when the original Venus of Willendorf was fired.  Someday I hope to visit the museum in Vienna, Austria and see the original. 

We made zoodles the other night--zucchini noodles.  It was actually pretty good.  We used zoodles, bell peppers and shrimp.  It turned out like stir fry but it was really tasty.  I think next time we'll try zoodles like spaghetti. 

My friend, Emily, is taking online classes to get her Bachelor's degree.  She's in finite math right now and I must tip my hat to her.  I would have bailed long ago.  I don't understand math at....all.  She showed me some of her homework and it looked like gibberish.  I have literally NO idea what she was doing and just the thought of math made my chest hurt so I had to quit "helping".  This is what math looks like to me:

2 comments:

  1. That made me chuckle....I always HATED math word problems!!! duh!!! I could never wrap my brain around it!!! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete