Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Tuesday

Hikes and walks have been absolutely beastly as of late.  High temps, higher humidity.  We went for a hike the other day and saw this cool spider web:

I love to learn things, and I've learned something about spider webs.  Apparently, spider webs are spun between 5' and 5'10" off the ground.  I know this because I'm 5'10" and I find all the spider webs with my face.  It's impossible to see the stupid things and I walk right into them.  I always feel bad because the poor fellers worked really hard on those.  I don't want to tear them up so if they could put their webs just a little higher we'd all be happy.

I'm trying to cut down on artificial sweetener and diet sodas.  I've limited myself to one a day, and so far I'm going pretty good.  My new thing is lemon water with natural sweetener.  I don't like anything sour so it's really just water with a tiny hint of lemon.  Lemon is supposed to be good for you, all kinds of benefits.  This is how I spent my morning:

An absolute must for hiking---Injinji socks.  They're toe socks, which is a little weird, I admit.  Some of my toes rub together and I get terrible blisters.  These socks are a godsend.  They're wool but they're not too hot and, best of all, my toes don't rub together.  They're kind of pricey, which is the only downside.  Fifteen dollars a pair, but well worth it.


I was folding laundry this morning and the cats were "helping", as they always do.  I was playing with them and I threw a sock at Fats.  He clapped his paws together and caught my sock in midair.  I cheered for him and was thinking "Yo!  My cat's a genius, yo!!!"  So I threw another sock at him and this time it landed right across his eyes like a blindfold.  He made absolutely no attempt to catch it or even knock it off of his face.  So, I guess he's not a genius.  Just a bog standard cat:)

4 comments:

  1. And what are natural sweeteners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. T,
    Stevia or Truvia. NOT equal or splenda. Those are chemicals and Stevia and Truvia and natural zero or low calorie natural sweeteners. Its all about healthy choices and staying away from chemicals. Why, even my hair color is organic. Oops. Did I say that out loud?

    ReplyDelete