Monday, February 23, 2015

Misc Monday

** I didn't watch the Academy Awards.  Never have, never will.  There are just sooooo many award shows for actors.  Exactly how many opportunities does Hollywood need to kiss it's own ass?  I do sometimes flip through the dresses and whatnot, but I would honestly rather swallow a battery than watch the actual ceremony.  Maybe I should give it a shot, because someone always makes an ass of him/herself, someone always falls down the stairs and someone always asks a completely inappropriate/awkward question on the red carpet.  I just read on MSN--MSN!!--that there was a big to-do because this year there would be no "mani-cam".  WTF?  A camera dedicated to celebrities manicures.  And, apparently, people are upset that it won't be there this year.  First World Problems.  That one's embarrassing, really. 

** It has been brutally cold here and we just received six inches of snow with about a quarter inch of sleet thrown on top for good measure.  On the north side of my building, where I park, is shaded and now the snow has been mashed down into a solid sheet of ice.  It's no more than a seven foot walk from my car to the door but this morning I thought I wasn't going to make it.  It's a good thing we have surveillance outside, that way someone will see me lying on the ice with a broken leg.  At least I won't have to be out there for long.  This is outside my office.  Library on the left, City Hall on the right. 

** The fellers are staying warm.  Sometimes I just want to huck them out into the yard to they know exactly how good they have it. 


** I'm working on my spring vacation (flat out refuse to say vacay.  NOPE).  May will be Georgia and South Carolina.  Specifically Savannah, Golden Isles of Georgia and Charleston.  It should be nice in late April / early May.  Not too hot yet, pleasant in the evening.  I've heard it's really nice there.  A coworker was married in Charleston.  We're looking at history tours, a ghost or cemetery tour in Charleston (it's supposedly one of the most haunted cities in the world) and visiting some of those old Antebellum houses. 

** Furniture rearranging is to commence as soon as I get off of work.  I don't really know why.  I just kind of have a hankering for it.  I'd also like to hang my TV on the wall.  It's either a 50" or a 55" SmartTV, but it's the only nice possession I have and I would be more than a little miffed if I didn't hang it right and it broke. 

**I am all about Criminal Minds right now.  Everyone at work watches it, except me, and they finally wore me down.  I started a couple weeks ago, on Netflix, and I'm maybe halfway through the fourth season.  It's actually really watchable, although they do take a lot of liberties.  Bonus--each season has about four hundred episodes, so that gives me something to do when I first get to work. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite things is to hear you go off about the Academy Awards. I can practically see steam shooting from your ears.

    ReplyDelete